Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Wild Iris Studio

It's been such a busy year already at Wild Iris Studio. So, I decided to take spring break and go have some fun with the kids. 9 days away from the studio, everyone was betting that I couldn't do it, that I would break down and go to work, but I proved you guys wrong ;) But that's what happens when you love your job! It's a labor of love, long hours, traveling for out of town weddings, non-stop photo editing, but it's my passion and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here's some of my favorite pics from our little vacation. Playing at the Cotopaxi park:





We spent a few days in Alamosa, CO. We stayed at the Rio Grande Inn. They have the coolest water park in the hotel. The kids had so much fun staying at the hotel, eating out for every meal, ordering room service, and playing hard.




Dani took baby Emma swimming. She's send Emma down the slide first, then Dani would go in after her. It was so cute!!



The kids loved the big slide!!



We stopped into the Rio Grande Train Station. I asked if we could look at the trains, they gave us a personal tour of the trains! That was so cool! We got way more than I could have expected! They have lots of train tours, you can go to the Sand Dunes, or on scenic tours. So, I think we definitely need to take the kids back this summer for a train tour.
Billy thought the double decker train was cool!





Curtis let the kids ring the trains whistle! That was the highlight of the day for sure!


The Alamosa Park






The Alligator Farm. I thought that Dani would flip out when she saw the alligators, she is scared of ducks, dogs, deer, and just about every animal. But, she said she wanted to go, and I was surprised, she had no fears!





Billy said the one thing he really wanted to do was to go gold panning in the river. It was windy, but we went anyways. They had a lot of fun! When we got home, Justin asked the kids if they found any gold, they were so excited to tell him they found Rocks and Stones!! It takes so little to make a child happy!




Coloring Easter Eggs
Dani not only colored the eggs, but also her hands :)

Billy had two wrestling tournaments during spring break. It's so fun watching him wrestle! I'm so proud of him! He loves it and he turns into a little animal out on the mat!

Look at his little muscles! How cute!






Easter Egg Hunt
We had over 5 dozen real eggs and over 250 plastic ones. Thanks, Jean, for stuffing them all with candy! That's a lot for 4 kids, but it's so fun! And, I'm sure we'll be finding eggs for a long time! Justin found 7 from last year when the Easter Bunny was hiding them.





Billy found a stash of the money eggs, they each had a dollar in them.




I've posted more photos on my facebook page: facebook.com/wildirisstudio.